How do I convert a Storyline file type to a Mp4 file to upload in a Office 365 Stream Video channel?

Aug 06, 2019

I am just trying to upload a video into our inter office Microsoft Office 365 Channel. I am on a regular PC and using the Stream service to do this. Any ideas? 

9 Replies
Penny  Ott

Thank you for sharing this with me! I had already been through several tutorials on YouTube videos. Learning lots, haven't quite fixed my issue. 

More specifically, I am trying to convert my .story file into a .MP4 or .MOV file (or something similar) without losing any functionality or user interactions; I've come very close a couple of times. Eventually, I am to load this training in Microsoft Stream onto a channel I am building for my company. There are several options online for players that convert videos. Currently going towards WonderShare as a paid-for option. Trying to do without asking my company to purchase yet another program to get their training needs completed. 

Normally, this is not a problem for designers like myself, since we generally publish to a LMS that has all the coding for formatting a video built in. 

I think a great enhancement would include the ability to choose to publish in several more common formats. 

This would GREATLY enhance your use-ability for contractors like myself, who do not necessarily have an LMS and are creating learning outside of that environment. 

Leslie McKerchie
Penny Ott

More specifically, I am trying to convert my .story file into a .MP4 or .MOV file (or something similar) without losing any functionality or user interactions; 

Thanks for sharing some additional information on what you would like to do, Penny. 

Publishing to video does lose the user interactivity as it is playing as a video and not an interactive e-Learning by doing so. I'm not aware of any interactivity of mp4 files as these are typically passive outside of play, pause, and any scrubbing ability.

I look forward to more of your findings and/or information from others in the community.

As I shared above, the functionality to publish to mp4 is included in Storyline 360.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.