How do I know Articulate 360 is right for me and my organization?

Nov 09, 2016

I have courses that I developed in previous versions of Articulate Storyline and Studio. How can I take advantage of that existing content with Articulate 360?

29 Replies
Stephanie Long

I was really disappointed with how 360 performs and the feature set in relation to the pricing model.  I was expecting great things based on the marketing emails.  At first I was excited about the templates until I saw the only template offered with the trial doesn't have a modern menu and is not animated.  We are thinking of moving to Captivate 9 as it has most if not more of the features that SL 360 has including responsive design, SCORM preview - SL doesn't have this, among others.  The pricing is much more reasonable and you have the option of paying monthly or buying.  Doing a trial now of CP9.

Brian Allen
Stephanie Long

Doing a trial now of CP9

I'd recommend extensively comparing Captivate's responsive design workflow compared to Articulate's as it's quite different.

As far as that goes, I'd recommend looking at Captivate's workflow in general. A good exercise I've walked thru before is building an interaction (complete with variables, triggers, etc) in Articulate Storyline, then walking thru building that exact same interaction in Captivate. Very eye-opening...

Brian Allen

Also a user of both tools (been using Captivate since it was called "RoboDemo") I've never been a big fan of Captivate's workflow.

The responsive design authoring is clunky at best in Captivate, certainly not even close to what I've seen in Articulate 360 with their new responsive player.

I've trained groups of Captivate users on Articulate Storyline and everytime we've walked thru building a custom learning interaction in Storyline I ask the question "how long would it have taken you to build something even close to this in Captivate" and the answer is always hours, as compared to the minutes we spent in Storyline.

In my opinion it's difficult to justify the expense of Captivate when you look at how much longer the development process is. And that's not even touching on how buggy the SCORM output can be in our LMS. That's best reserved for another post...

Stephanie Long

Agree to disagree.  I have a much different opinion of Captivate especially concerning software simulations.  It takes much much longer to do hands on simulations in Storyline which is why our team has to combine the two products.   I think CP 9 would change your mind.  Captivate is now on par and has features I cannot overlook.  I love the CP9 SCORM preview.  Storyline has never taken me minutes on anything.  I wish!  I love SL2 but cannot see how 360 is worth the move at all.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.