how does this site work?!
Nov 24, 2014
I don't know if I am violating protocol or if I am posting my question in the wrong place, so I apologize in advance. The is no "Getting started" document for this site (that I can find) and there is no way to search (that I can find.)and the 3 links at the top do not lead to any useful information. If you have an answer to my question(s) please email the link to firstname.lastname@example.org. I do not know where to search for an answer.
I have tried EVERY possible way I know how including google searching to find the answers to these questions.
1. how do you make a template for a markers. I need to be able to apply it as a default (found the answer to this one) but I also need to be able to apply a format to an existing marker. There is a list of pre-determined color schemes, but I can't get my specifications on the list. Ditto for text boxes and shapes. How can I save the default settings to apply to text boxes already created? I am talking hundreds of elements. on both markers and shapes.
2. How can I stop the program from resizing my images as I import them. I do a lot a photoshop work to create a page layout and I am continually resizing after I import
3. How can I copy and graphic on 1 slide and paste it on another at the same size and at the same coordinates. I currently have to go back to the first slde and write down the H/W and V/H numbers to enter them on the second page.
4. How can I setup a second visit to a page and reset the slide or not keep its current state depending on my variable?
5. How can you maintain or reset variable values in sequence? For example I want to set a variable on the slide master as a default on every slide, but change it after the timeline has started on the slide? i.e. delaying the variable change.
And it is very frustrating when experts have answered 3 different software operational queries with solutions that do not work on my system. It would be nice to know that a particular solution will not work with your (insert op system/hardware/software here). And yes, I have really searched for these answers and this is my last resort.
6. The slide icons in storyview and in the left page panel have shrunk to minuscule proportions. I have reinstalled the software, restarted my machine, even did a system restore. Nothing.
7. New layers default to feedback masters. According to an expert, select the layer and a new layout to change the master on the layer. However, only feedback masters appear in the layout list. I have to create a feedback master designed as a slide master. However, it is getting old, to recreate master I have a ready created in the program.
8. Finally, I can't change the order of slides in story view. I can't determine if slide 5.6 will go to slide 5.7 on [next] or if [next] will take it to the next slide in the path laid out in storyview. I have tried endless times to drag slide into a new order and it works about 5% of the time. Why doesn't this work? It doesn't seem like anyone else is having issues with the latter 3 items, but that can't be true.
I am working on a HP PC with Windows 7. I can run 8 items from Adobe Master Suite without an issue or memory and processor speed are not the root problems. .
This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.