How to have multiple assessments (one per language) and report one results slide to LMS?

I have a course with 11 language translations. I added each language to a separate scene. There is a 2 question assessment that has to be passed at 100% for the user to complete the course. Currently I have these two questions in each scene and the results slide in each scene, but am trying to figure out how to make this work so that I can have one results slide to report the passing score to the LMS. I have tried multiple options, but have not figured it out yet. 

The first scene has a Language chooser (list of all language options - user picks).

Is there maybe a way to change the variable for Results (Results.SorePoints, etc.) to be different for each assessment? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated. I am sharing a pared down version of the file. 

Thanks!

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

Hi, Lisa,

When publishing a course, you can only submit the score from one Results slide. So it's actually better if there's only one set of Results variables.

FYI: I was actually surprised to see that all 4 of your Results slides use the same Results variable.

  • Each time you create a new Results slide, Storyline creates a new set of Results variables. These are named like the main ones, except with numbers that change for each new set.
  • I'm guessing you copied and pasted your original Results slide into the other scenes, and that's why they all use the same variable.

Other options.  Do you have Storyline 360? If so, you can simply add a "Complete Course" trigger to the Success layer of each of the Results slide. That will tell the LMS that the user successfully completed the course. It's very useful for branching courses and/or courses with multiple Results.

  • In your case, since the user has to score 100%, there's no real need to track the score itself.
  • FYI: Storyline 2 doesn't have the "Complete Course" trigger. I don't think Storyline 3 has it, either, but I'm not sure.
Lisa Dobias

Hi Judy - thanks for your response. 

I wondered why the results variables were almost all the same and have gone through to re-insert results slides so now they all have different variables. So much for copy/paste to save time! 

I tried the Complete Course trigger late in the day yesterday and when it was tested on our LMS, it did not work. For some reason our LMS didn't recognize that as the trigger for completion. It could be something I did wrong, but I thought I followed directions. 

I am resigning myself to the fact that I will have to keep these as separate courses - but still hoping for some type of quick fix. We also have to publish this to Adobe Connect for use in another LMS system so I was hoping to get this all into one course to make that process easier.