How to publish a storyline course to SharePoint 2013

Jul 13, 2015

I have a course created in Storyline 2. I published to web. I took all of the output files and moved them over to a SharePoint library. If I point my browser to the "story.html" file, the training works fine for me, however, anyone else who points their browser there gets a blank browser window. Is this a browser issue, or am I not following the correct process for publishing content on SharePoint 2013?

8 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Scott - 

Sorry to hear you are experiencing issues. Are you able to upload and test your published output in the SCORM Cloud? Also, you may want to check out these articles on troubleshooting LMS issues:

How to Troubleshoot Your LMS with SCORM Cloud

Troubleshooting LMS Issues

Hope that helps, and if not, please let us know and we'll dig a little deeper! :)

Scott Roberts

I'm not sure how publishing to SCORM cloud helps me troubleshoot this. Let me explain my situation better. Our organization has an LMS which I use to publish my large courses. I have broken out pieces of these small courses as quick videos that I'd like to send to a user as a link and the video opens up. I don't want to have them log in to anything.

So I'm trying to use the publish to web feature, then uploading it to a sharepoint library, and pointing people to the URL of the story.html file. This is where the problem occurs. When I click on the link, it works fine. When anyone else does, it does not work at all (blank screen).

I think using http://tempshare.articulate.com/ is a better way to test it right? This uses the publish to web feature. Using this, it works fine for everyone. Here is a link.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/tempshare-stage.storyline.articulate.com/stp19q6ndl9r1ghr1iou5np1n0i1haq4/story.html

Christie Pollick

Hi, Scott -- My apologies for the confusion, and I appreciate the clarification. Unfortunately, I am unable to provide SharePoint support, and will need to defer to the SharePoint users in our community to assist you further. This thread on a similar topic may be helpful, as well. (Please note that you'll want to include all the contents of the published output.) 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jason,

You should be able to host Articulate content in SharePoint Server. However, it won't work with SharePoint Online (the Microsoft Office 365 Hosted Edition), since it doesn't support HTML files. 

If you're using SharePoint Server, check with your SharePoint administrator for instructions on how to upload HTML content. Depending on your version of SharePoint, you may need to switch to "explorer view" before uploading content, or you may need to "check in" content after uploading it. Your administrator will know for sure - and since you've already tried checking them in, you could look into the explorer view next. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.