How to remove the default next/previous button in Articulate storyline 360

Jan 06, 2021

Hello Team,

Hope you are doing well.

I'm using Articulate Storyline (December 15, 2020 (Build 3.47.23871.0)) application & I'm facing below issue.

I'm not using default previous and next button in the course but when I'm revisiting/reviewing the course on that time default previous and next button appearing & I don't want these two default next/previous button. How I can solve this issue the entire course is customized.

Request you to please guide.

Regards,

Kiran A.

16 Replies
Dave Cox

Hi Kiran,

If you want to get rid of all of the player buttons you can select player button from the ribbon

Then set Menu & Controls to Off.

If you want to just turn the Next and Previous buttons off on a slide by slide basis, you can select that from each slide. To do this select the gear icon at the bottom of the Slide Layers panel.

The deselect the Previous and Next buttons and Swipe actions on the Slide Properties panel.

Dave

Kiran Akade

Hello Dave,

Thank you very much for your reply.

How I can set Menu & Controls to Off for Classic player style? Because, I'm not able to select On & Off from dropdown list.

\\192.168.84.53\Banner\BSL Quiz Making\2020_Backup\V&V courses\Output\Medicijnen toedienen N4

In Slide Properties panel, we had already uncheck the Previous & Next button for all the questions. See below:

\\192.168.84.53\Banner\BSL Quiz Making\2020_Backup\V&V courses\Output\Medicijnen toedienen N4

Regards,

Kiran A.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Kiran,

When learners review a quiz (or revisit question slides they've already submitted), they'll see Articulate Storyline's built-in Prev and Next buttons in the lower right corner of the player—even if you've disabled them throughout your course. These navigation buttons are necessary for learners to review quiz slides.

Kiran Akade

Hi Leslie,

Thank you for your message.

As per my business partner requirement they don't want these buttons. We have created entire course is customized (i.e. buttons & everything).

If this not work, I will try adding a trigger to change the state of the button to disabled when the timeline starts.

I hope this will be work.

Regards,

Kiran A.

Jose Tansengco

Hello S T,

You can use Story View to make changes on multiple slides. 

To remove the previous buttons on all of the slides in a scene, follow these steps:

1. Press Ctrl + A to highlight all of the slides in a scene in Story View
  2. Remove the check mark for the Previous Button in the Slide Properties section

Hope this helps!

Jina Ali

Hi All,

I found a faster way to hide the next or previous button. 

1. Create a new trigger on the slide where you would like to hide the prev/next buttons.
  2. Action: Change State of
  3. Object: Next (or Previous) button
  4. Set state to Hidden
  5. When the timeline starts on this slide.

See attached screenshot.

Sammy Cheung

Thanks for the tip :)

Just to add, our project has custom navigation throughout and these triggers worked on the Review layer - however, first I had to enable the player buttons on the base layer, so I could add the triggers - then these stayed on the Review layer, even after disabling the player buttons everywhere 

Hope this helps someone