How to upload Storyline 360 files into blackboard

Apr 12, 2018

Hello everyone.

I have a question regarding upload HTML5 files on blackboard.

After I built a story using storyline 360 I have published it as web, then when I wanted to upload the file in blackboard, it was viewed by its half size with a scrollbar, or if not then the quality of the story become too poor!

What I could not understand is that it I tried to upload the same file with the same publish options the file is viewed perfectly.

I have uploaded screenshots of the two files Any idea what is wrong?

Thank you!

8 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi Sara!  Thanks for reaching out.  To clarify, can you let me know where the Storyline player begins in this screenshot?

So, for example, is the gray box around the video and blue and orange icons the Storyline player?

And in this version, where is the actual slide content?

Is the checklist and hand icon a part of your Storyline slide?  What about the gray box in this case?  

Thanks - I want to be sure we're comparing your screenshots the right way.

Sara Mohammed

Hi Leslie,

I have included a sample in story format. The zip file is the same file published as web. Thank you so much for your effort.

I don't know if that would help to clarify the problem I'm having, but I need the lessons to work on mobiles too, for that reason I need the HTML5 files.

Sara Mohammed

Hi Leslie,

I get this view when I publish my course as tin can, but it opens in a new window, and not embedded in the blackboard, even though I've set it in Storyline to open at the same web page. But as an HTML5 my view would just have a poor quality or is cut into half with a scroll bar on the side like the two pictures I have included above.

Thank you so much, and I'm truly sorry for the late response.

Crystal Horn

Hi Sara.  I published your .story and uploaded it into a test instance of Blackboard. I did two versions:  Flash only, and HTML5 only.  I'm new at using Blackboard, so when I initially uploaded my SCORM package, I didn't see an option to control whether the content opens a new browser window.

I tested my output, and it did indeed open in a new window.  I went back to my Blackboard Content, and chose to Edit my course. 

When I did, I had some Advanced Options that weren't there when I did my initial upload.  That could be confusing! 🙂  I checked to Edit SCORM Player Behavior and saw this:

I clicked on Launch Behavior and saw that the default was to open the course in a new window.  I changed it to Frameset, and it now opens in the same tab from where I launch it.

Can you check that setting in Blackboard by editing your content?

Also, in both Flash and HTML5, the Player fit inside the frame without any scrollbars.  I checked Chrome (v 66.0.3359.139) and Internet Explorer 11.  Let me know what browsers you are using and if changing that setting makes a difference.  Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.