HTML Background Insertion for Storyline 360 Publishes

Jul 21, 2017

Hi Guys,

I am looking for a way to insert images into the background of Storyline 360 publishes.

In Storyline 2 I had a process for doing it by changing a few lines of code in the Story.html and Story_html5.html files in the publish but they seem to have changed the code for 360 and I no longer can.

Here is a video of someone editing the html to add an image baground to give you an idea of what I am talking about: https://vimeo.com/204929910

Does anybody know a way to do this for Storyline 360 publishes?

9 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi James and welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

Modifying the published output is not something supported by Articulate, so not anything I've dabbled in honestly. 

Looks like we may have some savvy users in-house though based on the video you are sharing. I'll reach out to the community team and hopefully someone will be able to pop in and assist you here.

David Anderson

Hi James -

Leslie's correct that modifying the published output is not officially supported by any of us at Articulate. She's also correct that a lot of smart people always seem to find creative ways to extend Storyline.

I took a quick stab at modifying one of the style sheets to add manually add a background image in Storyline 360. Here's a video overview:

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.