Hyperlink Issue in Articulate 360

Aug 26, 2021

I have an issue with a hyperlink in Articulate 360.  I have a one-slide procedure acknowledgement where a button clicked will jump to a url with a procedure.  The learner clicks on the button, reviews the procedure, and comes back to the original slide to acknowledge they have read and understood it.  The hyperlink works fine, but there is no way to get back to the slide where the hyperlink originated.  There is no back button.  Is there a way to open the url in a new window, or something like that, so the learner can get back to the original slide?  This works in Review 360 because it opens a new window, but not when published to my LMS.

1 Reply
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Catherine, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

There isn't a setting in Storyline to force a resource link to open in a new window, as all those options are browser and LMS-specific. 

I recommend testing your course with SCORM Cloud with a few different browsers. Check out this step-by-step article!

You can then contact your LMS to see if there are settings you can change on their end to open links in new windows. 

Let me know if this works!