hyperlink to document

Hi. How do I create a hyperlink on a slide to a document?

I've figured out how to adjust the link in the Resources menu:
(e.g., \\psf\Home\Desktop\WIL\2.0 Job Search Skills\2.1 Finding and Evaluating Job Opportunities\Job Requirements Worksheet.docx) 

Now I want to create a link on a slide to the same, but when I publish as LMS and view in my browser, or publish to Articulate Review, I get a nasty "Access Denied" error when I try to access the file. If there's a trick, let's please hear it!

-Kyle

4 Replies
Jim Powell

I think the point here is not forcing us to upload dependent images to a server somewhere.  All I want to do is publish my course to articulate review and have my SME proof it for errors, those errors include hyperlinks to see if they work or now.

So, I just want to go into Articulate Tab in powerpoint and "publish" it to Articulate review and have the links work -- without entering in to a separate process of loading and maintaining those files on an external server somewhere.

Thanks Alyssa.  I did read the linked document you left for Kyle here.  That doesn't seem to address the issue of what I want to do with Studio 360 and Articulate Review -- to keep things simple.

Jim

Instead I get this:

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access Denied</Message>
<RequestId>A94C6B35816A7A69</RequestId>
<HostId>
6iBicnngvVe2QzZKcoZOC1VyVp45Qzhx5ewdZ9+USA7S28BPL/qpDJETIeSwrOFdYiTNoAllTQE=
</HostId>
</Error>

Jim Powell

That's wouldn't normally be a viable option.  I have ~100 courses and maybe 50,000 to 80,000 files in my image resource directory, at any given time I could use any of those images or switch them out.  Putting them in the same directory as the PPTX file would make matters worse as far as organization goes.

The way to do, I would think, is for your software to export those images, or PDF's when the published file.  I do realize that this would be problematic with web-resources, but still, many people use local images and this would be a good solution for png jpg and such files.