Hyperlinks not working

Feb 26, 2018

Hi all

I know this has all been discussed before, but it seems that most of the other discussions are all about 4-5 years old. 

I have a project where I have several hyperlinks in a text box. None of them are working. I have tested by uploading to a server, so it is nothing to do with local security sessions. 

http://elearning.hosp.dk/0Afproevning/casef/story.html

Any ideas why this can be?

7 Replies
Bob O'Donnell

I tried to take a look. On the one slide I looked at the links didn't look like they were added correctly. Hard to tell on my end - in English. They looked like they were not pointed at the right place or layer. When I tried to edit them the program wouldn't let me. I'm assuming it may be the language difference as I could edit English, but not what was on screen. I added these as a test - see if they work on your end. 3 links that show your layers and one link to the Google URL. If you point your hyperlinks to show a layer or jump to a URL they should work. Maybe one of the staff could check this out for you to be sure its not an issue.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Snorre,

Really sorry you ran into that problem. Our team is looking into an issue in Storyline 3 and Storyline 360 where hyperlinks do not work when they are in the same text box as a variable reference. This only happens in the HTML5 output, so you should see normal behavior in Flash.

I'll be sure to keep you posted on any news of a fix for this bug. Thanks for reaching out about it!

Lauren Connelly

Hi everyone!

I'm happy to share that we released Storyline 3 (Build 3.12.24693.0), which includes a fix for the bug where HTML5: Hyperlinks do not work in the same text box as a variable reference.

To take advantage of the new features and bug fixes, make sure to update Storyline 3!

If you run into any snags, don't hesitate to reach out to us in this discussion or a support case.