Hyperlinks Not Working

Jul 08, 2019

In my project, I have a number of knowledge checks with feedback delivered in a textbox with multiple states. I have found that hyperlinks (sending people back to the relevant slide) in these boxes are not functioning. 

Is this a layers issue? Any ideas of how to make this work without radical changes?

14 Replies
Noel Read

Hi, there should be no issues with a trigger that you click that takes you to another slide, even if the trigger (hyperlink) is on a layer.

If you are able to share your story, or can show screen shots of the trigger you are using, I'll take a look. If it's a confidential file then the Articulate Support have a private site you can upload it to.

Noel Read

Hi, that looks ok. When I set that up and click on the text, it takes me to the slide I have specified. You might have a technical issue. You could try setting up a new story and just testing out that functionality to see if it works. 

If the issue persists then:

1. check you're on the most up to date version for storyline or 360
  2. restart your pc and see if the issue still persists
  3. uninstall and reinstall storyline
  4. contact the technical team to see if they can assist.

As far as I can see, what you are doing should work.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Sparkle ELearning,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know that you're running into an issue as well.

With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.