Identifying Question Layout Objects--Not Working

Jul 29, 2016

Is there a way to add a text placeholder (I guess text; it's a module title) to a question layout without throwing off everything else? I had finally gotten my master to not use the full question as the slide title, and all was good. Now I need to add a module title to all masters, and in trying to do so, I have destroyed the whole layout. The labeled placeholders don't seem to be what they say they are (answer options aren't answers, question text isn't the question, etc). 

I've been trying to redo by trial and error (format/move placeholders, apply layout, reset--and then everything is in the wrong place--slide title is answer choices, etc).  I think I will try to get the old layout in, but I'm not sure how. 

The actual placeholders seem to be labeled wrong by default and there's always the issue of getting the question text to not be the slide title. Any advice for revising and working with question layouts would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks.

5 Replies
Christie Pollick

Hi, Amy -- Thanks for your question and sorry to hear of your difficulties! It looks like there may be a duplicate of your query over here, so I thought I would link the two discussions for anyone who may be following along. Also, if you have a file you can share, I think that might help illustrate the issue you are describing, or if you'd prefer private review, here is the form you would need to send that along. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hello Jennifer,

I was able to take a look at the support case Amy worked on with our team. The issue with the layout and textboxes was specific to her file. 

This conversation is a bit dated and it sounds like you may be experiencing a similar issue, so we'd be happy to help you as well. With your permission, I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.