Imported Engage files into SL360 will not get published as HTML5 only

Jan 09, 2018

Hi everybody,

I'm running into this problem.
The problem is that imported Engage files into SL360 will not get published as HTML5 only. We still get flash output. 

Besides publishing from Engage itself first as HTML5 only and then use the files as a web object in SL360.. is there maybe another more conveniënt way to to this?

Regards,

Paul

20 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Paul,

We're seeing this problem, too. When I published a Storyline 360 file with an embedded Engage interaction as HTML5 Only, I found SWF files inside the published output folder. 

I'm going to bring this to my team so we can begin looking at next steps. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and I'm sorry if it has caused you headaches.

The only workaround I can offer for now is the one you mentioned earlier: publish from Engage as HTML5 only, and then use the files as a web object in Storyline. If I hear of other workarounds, I'll be sure to let you know.

Jihong Jin

Hi,

Recently I did update on Articulate 360, however afterwards, if I import Engage slides into SL 360 lesson (I will call it Lesson B), running the lesson had Engage slides showing up only with title and empty content for both Web and CD publishing with HTML5 Only, and clicking Next does not move forward. There was an SL 360 lesson I created with imported Engage slides before updating the Articulate 360 (I will call it Lesson A), it worked before and still works properly if I re-publish for CD and Web with HTML5 Only even using the most recent SL 360 version. Also by importing the Engage slides from Lesson A to Lesson B, Lesson B works as Lesson A.

Anyone has any clue for what is going on? 

Thanks!
(BTW: I can't attach my lesson here, but I believe you should be able to reproduce this issue on your side, since I tried with a SL360 lesson only with imported Engage slides, the issue shows as well)

Jihong Jin

Hi Paul, thank you for your reply.

I believe there is some bug introduced by recent Engage 360 updates, since everything worked before my recent update with Articulate 360.

Here is what I tried today:
    1) Open Engage 360, and load the previous version Engage slides, and did upgrade as it is required
    2) Publish with HTML5 only for Web and view interaction. The same issue shows up: only the title of the Engage slide shows up, and the content of the slide is empty, and a loading symbol is running for ever   
    3) I also tried to preview inside Engage 360, same issue

I could not move forward with my lessons, and my lessons need to import the Engage slides of previous versions.

Please advise, thank you very much!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jin and Paul,

Can you check what version of Studio and Storyline you're using? Each of the Articulate 360 authoring apps can be updated separately, so I'd want to make sure you're using the latest update of each (Update 13, and there was an incremental fix also released today).

Also, what type of Engage interactions are you using?

Paul Wijnen

Hi Ashley,

I just installed the latest update (1 march) and the Engage files publish correctly now!
Thanks for the update.

By the way, it was a problem that Articulate already knew of:

"
Hi Paul,

Thanks for contacting Articulate Support!

I understand that your Engage interactions no longer load in the published output, and just shows a loading icon.

What type of Engage interaction do you have in your presentation? Are you using Labeled Graphic interactions? There is currently a known issue where the Labeled Graphic interactions won't load in the published HTML5 output. Our engineers are already aware of this issue, and are already looking further into this issue.

I’ll let you know as soon as we have an update on this issue, and we're  sorry if it’s slowing you down.

In the meantime, we suggest using a different type of Engage interaction, such as the Labeled Panel or a Guided Image.

Let me know if you need anything else!

Gren Foronda
Customer Support Engineer
"

Paul :)

Leslie McKerchie

Hi again Paul!

I wanted to pop in to let you know that we just released update 20 for Storyline 360!

One of the fixes addresses an issue where SWF files are created for embedded Engage interaction even if Storyline is published as HTML5 Only.

It includes lots of other improvements too, and you can check them all out here.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

Tony Morris

Paul,

While I realize that your post is 2 years old it is still very relevant given that I too have to remove all Flash content from a CBT that we produced for a customer back in 2011. Going forward, the CBT is to hold no Flash content. With 70 Engages files this is proving onerous if there is no Articulate tool that will truly convert the Engage files to just the HTML5 format.

All that said, how does one import an imported Engage file that was published in Storyline 3 as HTLM5 only, into Storyline 3 as a web object?

Any advice and guidance is most welcome.

Cheers,

Tony

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.