Importing a PowerPoint Template To Be A Storyline Template
I think we discussed this in the beta but can't find the thread,(s) and I can't find a tutorial or KB article on this. And forgive me if this has been discussed before since SL launched.
I want to use a PowerPoint template and bring into to Storyline for use as a Storyline template. My client has a lot of corporate PowerPoint templates and per corporate dicta, all e-learning must have some of the same look and feel.
So here's what I have been doing. Question: Is this right or are there better ways of doing this?
1. In PowerPoint, I bring up a PPTX (since that's usually all I'm given by a client).
2. I delete all the content slides in it (or remove the content).
3. I then have one blank slide in my PPTX for each of the masters in the PPT template.
4. I save this out as a PowerPoint file.
5. I then import this PowerPoint file into Storyline.
6. I then look at it and make any tweaks/corrections. Optionally, I may create a few new masters for things like buttons, stock interactions, etc.
7. In Storyline, I then save the project out as a Storyline template (.storylinetemplate). I save it to My Documents > My Articulate Projects > Storyline Templates.
I then start using the template in Storyline.
Is that the best way to do this?