Importing Engage (Studio 2013) into Storyline

Nov 01, 2013

I want to import a FAQs interaction created in Engage '13 into my Storyline presentation, but I am getting an error that reads: The version of Engage installed on this system does not compatible with import. Install Engage 2.0 or higher.

Suggestions?

29 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ashley,

Mike answered a similar question in this thread on how to insert it as a web object, as currently, Articulate Storyline doesn't support importing content from Articulate Presenter '13, Articulate Quizmaker '13, or Articulate Engage '13. We're working to make this feature available in a free update for Storyline. 

Thanks Phil - Ashley, you'll want to either place the published version within the intended website to test it or as Phil mentions publish to CD and test it that way to ensure the web objects plays correctly. 

If you're looking for a way to test the file before placing on your public site, you may want to review these options:

• Tempshare: This is a free service provided by Articulate for testing Storyline content. Note: Uploaded files will be deleted after 10 days.
  • Amazon S3: Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a graduated fee.
  • Dropbox: Place your published output in the Public folder in your Dropbox account to share it with others.
  • Google Drive: Change the story.html file to index.html, and set the sharing permissions to PublicHere's how.
J Cheng

Hi Harry and Ashley MD,

As Ashley T mentioned, our team has this on the roadmap and I'll let you know when we are closer.  I'll reach out in a PM as well.

Thanks!

Ashley Terwilliger said:

Hi Ashley,

Mike answered a similar question in this thread on how to insert it as a web object, as currently, Articulate Storyline doesn't support importing content from Articulate Presenter '13, Articulate Quizmaker '13, or Articulate Engage '13. We're working to make this feature available in a free update for Storyline. 

Rebecca Dutton

Ashley Terwilliger said:

Hi Ashley,

Is there an update yet?

Harry Carter

J Cheng said:

Hi Harry and Ashley MD,

As Ashley T mentioned, our team has this on the roadmap and I'll let you know when we are closer.  I'll reach out in a PM as well.

Thanks!

Ashley Terwilliger said:

Hi Ashley,

J Cheng, your answer is vague. Could you give us a time frame please? This seems to be a very critical thing.

Regards,

Harry

Hi Sean,

When you install Engage 13 on your machine it removes the components of Engage 09, and you'd need an active license of Engage 09 to import those files into Storyline, so that is why you're receiving the error when trying to import those files. You can't have Engage 09 and Engage 13 on the same computer, but you could use a set up similar to what staff does where we run one within a virtual machine so that you can still conduct the import. 

Lynsie Lukashin

I'm having the same issue. When I preview the web object is there. When I publish to tempshare for testing, everything else works except the Engage web objects. They simply don't show up at all. 

This should be #1 at the top of the list of fixes! I am using the free trial of Studio '13 because I'm researching if my team should purchase this or not. Without Studio '13 and Storyline compatibility, it's useless. It's a real shame too. It would have been perfect for us!

Please fix this asap! I'm confused as to why this was released like this...

Hi Lynsie,

Are you following the steps below to link to your Engage '13 interaction as a web object?

1. Have all of your Engage published output in one folder.

2. Rename your Engage.html (Studio 09) or Interaction.html (Studio 13) file to "Index.html"

3. In Storyline,click insert web object and click on the folder icon. 

4. Direct Storyline to the Engage folder (just select the folder, no need to navigate inside).

5. Click Ok.

If you're still having difficulty, we'll want to take a look at your .story file and how it's linked to the Engage interaction. You can post it here in the forums or send it along to our Support engineers.  

Also, welcome to the Heroes community! 

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Berlina,

Welcome to E-Learning Heroes!

We've recently updated the article on this topic. I wanted to share the new information with you, just in case you haven't seen it:

Currently, Articulate Storyline doesn't support importing content directly from Articulate Presenter '13, Articulate Quizmaker '13, or Articulate Engage '13. We're working to make this feature available in a future version of Storyline.

However, you can publish Studio '13 content for web, then embed it in Storyline as a web object.

For example, here's how you'd insert an Engage '13 interaction in Storyline.

If you're interested in seeing this implemented in the current version, I strongly recommend submitting a detailed suggestion through our product development team's feature request form

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.