Importing PowerPoint

Dec 22, 2017

Every time I've tried importing a PowerPoint, there is some issue. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or what. But this time around, our design department created a slide design for a course in PowerPoint, and sent me the file to import into SL360. After importing, the text ends up severely misplaced. Is this a common issue? Any tips for successful importation? It's extremely frustrating especially when this is such a simple task.

7 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Brett! The slide size of your PowerPoint presentation is 10in width x 7.5in height, which converts to 960x720 pixels. 

Before importing the PowerPoint presentation, you'll want to adjust the Story Size to 960x720.

I also noticed quite a bit of special paragraph formatting, like multiple font sizes in one text box, and custom line spacing. Those formatting selections did not carry over in the PowerPoint import, so I made those adjustments manually in the Storyline file.

Have a look at the new Storyline template I attached, and let me know if you see an improvement. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.