Importing Screen Recordings from iPad to Storyline 360

Feb 01, 2022

I would like to hear from anyone who has found a solution for screen recording an app on one device and importing it to Storyline on a different device.

I want to create a software simulation for an app used by field technicians on the iPad. There is no Windows version of the app so I can't run it on my PC to record it in Storyline. I am looking at options involving Techsmith Capture, SnagIt, and/or Camtasia. I think Capture would work for a simple "view it" simulation, e.g. exporting an mp4 file. I could also use Capture to record and transfer it to Camtasia on my PC and edit it there, but I'm not sure if that's compatible with Storyline in terms of creating "try it" and "test it" modes. I don't have Camtasia and I haven't used it before, but I'm confident my manager will get it for me if it's truly the best tool for the job. I also have access to Adobe Creative Suite, including Premiere Pro, if anyone has used that for a similar purpose.

Thank you for your time. I look forward to hearing your ideas!

2 Replies
Richard Watson

Robin,

For capturing iPad screens from a PC, I've used Reflector in the past.  This allows me to navigate apps on the iPad while viewing and recording it on my desktop. The tool outputs an mp4 video. the try it/test it goal is something you may need to explore more but you could do overlays of the video to make it interactive.

I'm sure others will provide you with additional resources soon!

Richard