Incomplete/Complete - Passed/Failed

Hi,

I have had 2 x instances today where I have compiled SL courses to "Completed/Incomplete" based on slide completions, and the clients have told me their LMS is seeing "Passed/Failed".

Is this something that other people have seen, and what's the best way to try and sort this?!

Is this likely to be LMS issues?

Bruce

79 Replies
Seth Merriam

Hi Emily,

Yes I tested with both SCORMCloud and my LMS. And it was with Storyline 2.

When I exported the files, for AICC, they worked in SCORMclould, but NOT in my LMS. 

When I edited the "lms.xml" file to make the modification to the normalizeStatus function – replacing "passed" with "completed" it worked in my LMS, and I believe in SCORMcloud as well, but I can't recall if I tested there or not.

Honestly, an easier fix, since this was just based on the number of slides viewed, and the menu is restricted, was just to add a Javascript trigger on the last slide that updated the status with SetStatus("completed"); 

But, moving forward, I wanted to find a solution, since it does not seem to report properly for us when exporting right from SL 2.

chiefy .

Hi Seth,

This is still an issue, every time I publish a course that is being placed onto an LMS I have to update the SCORMFunctions.js file.

See my thread here, to find fixes and a bit of discussion.

https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/storyline-2-completed-passed-result