Incorrect z-index of animating objects in Chrome and Safari.
Feb 14, 2019
We're experiencing an issue with animating objects displaying at the wrong z-index on animate (animating objects appearing above other objects despite their stacking order in the timeline). We've only noticed this issue after recent updates to desktop versions of Chrome and Safari.
Here's a quick rundown of the versions tested and course settings:
- Storyline 360: v3.24.17733.0
- Storyline 3: Update 5: 3.5.16548.0
- Chrome: Version 72.0.3626.109 (Official Build) (64-bit)
- Safari: Version 12.0.3 (14606.4.5)
- Displaying correctly in IE11, Edge, Firefox Quantum 65.0.1 (64-bit), Mobile Chrome (Version 72.0.3626.101), Mobile Safari (iOS 12.1.4)
- HTML5 only output with Modern player
- Issue consistent amongst all entrance animation types
I've attached an example .story file that is exhibiting the issue. In this example, the background image fades in above the custom menu in the lower right corner. Based on the stacking order in the timeline, the image should enter behind the menu.
In our testing, we've also noticed that even though the buttons are being covered by the image, the buttons are still active and you can "click through" the image. When removing the entrance animation from the image, the image displays correctly behind the menu.
There have been some similar but different discussions recently in the forum, so I just wanted to check in on if this is a known issue. Any help or information is greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any questions, just let me know.