Insert video into Storyline 360 - doesen't work?

Mar 14, 2019

Hello,

I will insert a video into Storyline 360.
The video is "MP4 Video" in size 2 852 047 073 byte.
When I try to insert, "... Does not appear to be a supported video format. Please select a video from one of the supported formats".

What to do? Is the video to big, or can I do it in Another way?

Thanks,
Frida

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Frida,

We don't put any limits on what you can do in Storyline (besides the file formats that we support), so there isn't a limit on the video file size (even if it's larger than 2GB!).

The error message leads me to think something may be off in how that video is encoded. Did you create it as an MP4 yourself, or have it shared with you? 

As a general FYI, your computer's processing power is a crucial element when working with media.  If it's cumbersome to add a large video directly to Storyline, you could host the video externally (e.g. on Vimeo) and embed it into your Storyline course.

It's likely a bit too large for you to attach the video here in E-Learning Heroes, but if you'd like to share with our team you can reach out to them here! We'll be happy to test it out and help figure out why you're running into that error! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.