Interactivity

Mar 01, 2016

I'm new to using storyline. Is there a way to have an image (i.e. a check mark) flash so the learner knows to click on it for more information? I've created the trigger to then bring up the slide layer I've created when the check mark is clicked but am wondering if there is an alternative to instruct the learner what to do other than adding voice instructions

3 Replies
Louise Lindop

Hi Victoria,

There's no way I know of to make it flash other than manually running two different images along the timeline for a period of time.

I'm not a fan of flashing things on the screen myself as I think it distracts from other things that the user may be still meant to be looking at (this said, I'm obviously not familiar with your design).

I would perhaps just give them a written instruction (or arrow) on what to do next (boring I know, but sometimes the most practical).

Louise

Christie Pollick

Hi, Victoria -- Thanks for reaching out here, and it might be more helpful if you could share your file so we can get a better idea of what you have in mind. And also, for some additional information on blinking or flashing items, you might want to check out the following:

Creating a blink effect animation?

Make an Object Flash

Make OBJECTS Flash (a different thread of a similar name to the one above)

Please check them out and let us know if you still need help! :)

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.