Intermittent freezes/crashing with Storyline 360

Apr 19, 2017

I’ve been experiencing intermittent freezes with Storyline 360 over the past few days. First it was the April 4th build – but I just downloaded the latest update this morning and I’m experiencing the same problems. It seems to be a random thing – several times I tried to add new master layouts. Another time I changed the font size in a box on a regular slide. Just now I was trying to delete several slides.

It isn't just a single corrupted file - the same thing has happened on different files, both files that have been updated from SL2 and newly created files.

Is this just me or are others having similar problems?

4 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hey Rob, sorry to hear you've been having trouble since upgrading Storyline 360. I know that's got to be frustrating, but I can help.

What version of Windows are you using? Also, is it possible that you’re working from somewhere other than your local C: drive?  Working from a network drive or a USB drive can cause a few different problems, and you can read more about that here.

Let me know if you're already working locally, and I'll start a case for you so we can look into this further. We want to get this resolved as soon as possible!

Rob Ransom

Hi Alyssa

This is a Windows 7 computer, with all updates installed to date.

Yes - I’m working locally - after some years working with Presenter and Storyline 1 thru 360 I’ve learned to do that :)

I am intending to do the turn UAC off/reinstall trick - that worked recently for me with Presenter (not the 360 version), although that was a different problem - the Articulate tab in PowerPoint would freeze.

Unfortunately my employer has locked down Admin on our laptops so I’ve had to put in a support request to do that and it will take a few days.

I’ve reverted to SL2 in the meantime

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Rob

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.