Internet connection required for Storyline 360?

Jun 06, 2019

We lost our internet connection at work yesterday and it seemed to affect my ability to work with Storyline 360 as I could work for a while and then would receive a message stating that I was not "signed in" and the program work lock up. I noticed that when I open Storyline the splash screen states "signing into Articulate 360" as part of the start up procedure. So my question is: must I have an internet connection to work with Storyline, can I work "offline", or was this not being signed in message caused by something else? Ideas?

- Thanks

1 Reply
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Bill,

You can disconnect from the internet and still use Storyline, but you won't be able to use any of the online services such as Content Library or Review 360. If you recently installed an update to Storyline or your computer, it would be expected that you'd see the prompt to log in again. 

If you're offline longer than 99 consecutive days, Storyline will stop working. To re-enable it, simply connect to the internet and sign into Articulate 360. One other thought that could have kicked you "offline" from Storyline is a change to your internal network and firewalls. I'd suggest having your IT team look at enabling the network endpoints and ports listed here to be safe!

Let us know if you need more help!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.