Internet Explorer Problems

Jul 01, 2014

Hi there - 

I have an Articulate Storyline file uploaded in my LMS that is exhibiting odd behavior on IE10 and 11.  It is frozen in the loading phase intermittently for students using Internet Explorer.

I have checked with the company that developed this course and they did use the most updated version of Storyline to publish.

Any ideas other than switch browsers?

Thanks in advance!

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Beth and welcome to Heroes! 

Have you tested it in any other browsers to see if it's an IE issue or something within the LMS or the Storyline file? I'd begin by narrowing that down - so testing in other browser, and if you have the published output folder you could also load it to a site such as SCORM Cloud to see how it behaves there. SCORM Cloud is an industry standard for testing SCORM content. 

Beth Ciarrachi

Hi Ashley!

Yes I have tested in Chrome and Firefox and have found it to work correctly, and have suggested this to other users.

It seems to be intermittent as I can play it from my version of Internet Explorer, but others cannot.  Would SCORM.com be able to tell me something as to why this is happening?

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Beth,

If it works in other browsers, it may be a compatibility issue with the IE version and your LMS, and SCORM Cloud would help you narrow that down. If the same users experience issues with the SCORM Cloud course - but they're able to play it in another browser, then you'll want to check into any other IE settings that could be causing issues such as the flash version, security settings, etc. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.