Invalid answer box

Sep 04, 2019

I think I have somehow manged to change the formating on the invalid answer box.  When I click on the submit button without dragging and dropping an element on the page I get a blank square appear and I can't progress. I think this is the invalid answer box without any text or button.

How do I get the invalid answer box back? 

6 Replies
Katie Riggio

Yikes, Amanda. That screenshot had me do a double-take!

Let's iron out a few key details, and then we can explore further:

• What version of Storyline are you using? 
  • Do you see that blank box during Preview, in the published output, or both?
  • If you can share that slide with me for a closer look, that would be gold. I'll delete it after troubleshooting. If that works for you, send it along by using this private upload link!
Ren Gomez

Hi Dawn,

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know you are running into the same issue. Our support team worked with Amanda on importing a new player into her file that helped resolve the invalid layer popup. 

If you'd like a hand, feel free to share your file with us and we'll help troubleshoot!

Darren McNeill

Anyway to improve the ability to edit that Invalid answer Box? Nowhere is it possible to find it to edit it, nor does it become available for translation in the XLF file. This came to my attention today when during a review test in a different language it was highlighted that the Invalid Answer pop up was in English and not in the language of the module. I thought, no worries I can simply update the pop up box with the correct language. We now have to recall 17 modules, each in 23 languages and rebuild 60 slides in each module and language, at great added expense, just to fix something that should be available?