iPhone vs Android and Storyline 360

Oct 18, 2017

Hi folks

I have been having a problem viewing Storyline 360 content on an android platform.  Basically, the address bar will not hide and thus impedes viewing of content.

While the issue is currently under review by technical support, I just wanted to know if anyone else had that problem?

Thank you.

10 Replies
Chelsea Delfin

Hi Íde,

Yes, I edited my original post to add "mobile Chrome on Android" for clarity :)

We use LearnUpon LMS.

I've tested recently and found that the address bar disappears on Safari on iOS whether on the LMS (Published for LMS) or on our ftp (Published for Web). However, we see that the address bar doesn't disappear on Android Chrome when it's on the LMS, only when it's on our ftp.

Did you use the LMS when testing where you found that the content appears to be working on Android Chrome? I haven't tried testing on Firefox yet.

Thanks!

Íde O'Neill

Hi Chelsea

I am using LearnDash as my LMS, combined with Uncanny.

I am currently testing using HTML5 only.  It appears to move smoothly on Android (Chrome) and I didn't encounter the issue with the address bar.  But when I tried it using Android (Firefox), the same problem presents. 

The iphone experience is currently under investigation.

Thanks for your update, Chelsea.  It's good to bounce ideas around and also to know that I and not alone in this experience.  However, I DO wish that Articulate would sit up and take note since this has cost me a lot of time and money, not to mention some lost sleep. :-(

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ide, 

I'm sorry you're still running into issues, and I wanted to follow up as I do see that our Support team responded to your message letting you know that the issue where an HTML5 version of the course displays smaller and shows the browser bar on subsequent visits has been reported to our team and we're looking into it.

As for how it's playing back on Android - keep in mind you'll want to use the Chrome browser on Android and Safari on iOS devices. 

If there is anything else Renato or I can help with, just let us know. 

Mindy Spring

I recently published a storyline 360 course for web viewing (not LMS) and when I tested on my iphone works fine through safari.  My android however will not play the training without downloading the articluate app, even if I choose open via Chrome browser or pasting the url in the the chrome address bar.  I am planning to use my training in a live setting as a game and wondered if I am missing something as I don't want to require anyone to have to download an app if I don't have to.  

RESOLVED!  I simply had the classic viewer and needed the player to be the modern player 

https://community.articulate.com/series/74/articles/storyline-360-user-guide-how-to-choose-a-player-style#format

Alyssa Gomez

Hey folks. I'm excited to let you know that we just released update 25 for Storyline 360! It includes new features and fixes - check them all out here.

One of the fixes addresses an issue where a course could shrink when resumed on an Android phone because the browser chrome was showing.

Here’s how you can update Storyline 360 to take advantage of everything the latest release has to offer. Let me know how you make out!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.