Is Articulate 360 compatible with a Mac?

Nov 10, 2016

Is Articulate 360 (specifically Storyline 360) compatible with a Mac? If so, does it have the same functionality as Storyline 2 has on the PC?

50 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Sure thing! Are you referring to differences in the system requirements, specifically for your setup of Windows 10 with Parallels? Articulate 360 is compatible with Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit) and Mac OS X 10.6.8 or later with Parallels Desktop 7+. The full system requirements are listed here. Let me know if you'd like any more information!

Dennis Hammers

I also would love to see a native version of Storyline! While running the Mac/Parallels/Windows setup is okay, it's also very costly over time. In addition, there is double support because you have to have both the Mac OS and Windows support thus, it makes trouble shooting much more involved. Some would argue just switch to Windows. My answer to that is, No. Why should someone have to bend to the whims of a company in order to use that company's product? If you want to reach maximum market potential, you have to be willing to go beyond what the competitor offers or at very minimum match them.  Judging by the number of posts on this issue,  I would say that you have enough people interested in a Mac version to warrant such a product. 

Patricia Crowell

So I purchased Fusion and Windows JUST to run Storyline on my Mac.  Had a windows problem and ended up having to reinstall everything.  Super painful not to mention when I run Fusion, my Mac sounds like a jet plane taking off.  Just adding my two cents for a Mac version otherwise, I will begin the search for an alternative.

Babette Novak

Here's my Mac-SL-user dilemma for Articulate: I have SL2 and want to upgrade to SL360. Assuming there's a Mac version coming out in the near future, I'd rather not purchase 360 yet. This scenario often ends with having to pay another cost for the 'upgrade', even though it's the same software except it's for the Mac that we wished it was for in the first place!  :-\

So I'd like to ask: If I were to buy a new version of Windows-based SL and a Mac version is released, will I be penalized for having bought the Windows version? Or will I be automatically switched to the Mac version I was originally hoping for? Please reply, Articulate gurus. Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.