Is it possible touse the SL360 bookmarking feature - aka "Prompt to Resume" - on imported videos?

Jun 18, 2020

I have a series of WBT that consist entirely of imported videos with no KAs. Consequently the learners have to watch all of the videos in their entirety, because I used the "Restrict Navigation" command for each WBT to ensure that they cannot skip ahead. 

Is there a way to allow learners to stop and then start where they left off with imported videos? 

The trainings include the statement shown in the attached graphic to explain to learners why they cannot skip ahead in the training. 

6 Replies
Sam Hill

Hi Kendra, I'm pretty sure this option is not available as a Storyline feature. The only way I would think of achieving this kind of functionality is by using JavaScript to track the current time in the video and store this in a variable. The variable value could then be queried when the module is launched again and the video returned to the time code. As I said, not out of the box, but definitely possible and worth it if the videos are long.

Sam Hill

Nope, this is not a feature. I don't think it is on their roadmap either but might be worth lodging a feature request.

This would be possible through a custom JavaScript solution I believe. I did something similar using Vimeo and Youtube embeded videos to restrict control, but not to "resume". Where are your videos hosted, or are you bringing them directly in to Storyline?

Walt Hamilton

The status is saved at the end of each slide. You could break the video into smaller chunks, one on each slide. Set it to jump to the next slide when the media finishes, and it would move as seamlessly as it does now, if you break at natural pauses. That way they could resume to the end of the last completed slide, and it may be easier than trying to track the time and return to it. Of course, that would only work if the videos are loaded on the slide, and not hosted externally.