Is there a consolidated thread for known 508 compliance issue reporting?

Jan 27, 2020

I'm looking for a thread (hopefully stickied somewhere?) that users  can post on for issues discovered with 508 compliance development. Or is there a specific support section to provide such issues to Storyline360 staff/developers? I don't necessarily mean a support ticket, and this would be common for many users. If it's private via user tickets, then others would continue to post the same thing over time. Where as if there was a list, users like me might find comfort knowing that we're not alone and that possibly support is looking at that list.

For example: Bullet Lists

There appears to be no tagging structure associated to lists for screen readers to correctly recognize and read them. Instead, lists and list items are read as basic text. That, in and of itself, is non-compliant. When I review the HTML export the best I get is a <tspan> tag that offers nothing in the way of tagging unique elements that would otherwise have tags for screen reader and AT recognition.

I would like to note issues like that (and several others that I'm discovering the more I use this program) to some sort of running list. For example, Adobe has a request and bug forum specifically for posting such concerns. Users up-vote for priority development request.

Does anything like that exist here?

Thanks in advance.

4 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi Noel,

We do not have a pinned conversations for these reports. We are monitoring the news shared by users in the forums and support cases.

There is an open issue we are looking into specific to what you've shared here, so I've attached this conversation to the report so that we track user impact internally as well as update you here when we can. I wanted to share some information on how we define bugs and how we tackle them when they occur.

Please feel free to share other concerns as well so that we can take a look.

Noel Sapp

Thank you for the reply and to note that there is currently an open issue that is being looked at.

If there is not a pinned thread on this topic, I may continue to post finds here in this thread then. At least it may provide some level of consolidation to user-found issues for support review. Maybe that will also help other users confused by certain compliance requirements if those requirements may not yet be supported.

Thank you again for your reply.

Becca Levan

Hello Everyone!

I'm happy to return to this discussion with some great news 🗞

We've fixed the issue you reported where: JAWS Not Announcing Bullets In Lists On Stage.

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 update (Build 3.50.24668.0) to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes.

If the problem happens again, please let us know, or you can always work directly with our support engineers here.