Issue Publishing to Word 2013

Dec 16, 2013

Hello all, I have a Storyline file placed locally on my C: and I cannot seem to publish to Word. My current version of Word is Word 2013, which is also located on my C:.

Lastly,

I've gone through the %appdata% method and regenerated my file as the video's have instructed however I am still stumped on the error which is as follows:

" There was an error communicating with Microsoft Word. Please ensure Word 2000 or newer is installed and functioning properly." Which it is.

Any insight will be very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Jason- 

7 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks Becky for the assist! 

Jason, to check what update you're on, you'll want to go to the Help tab and click on "About Articulate Storyline" and you'll see the update number listed. If you're not using update 4, you can download it here.  

If you are using update 4 and you're still experiencing difficulty, I'd also suggest conducting a repair of Storyline and the supporting Windows software.  

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Jason,

It was an issue not previously experienced by all customers, but - is it asking you to save the template.dot file as described here? 

Did you also conduct the repair of the supporting Windows software.?  If you're still experiencing the problem after the repair, please connect with our Support team here. 

Lauren Connelly

Hi Nur!

Sorry, you're running into this snag! I'm happy to help.

Here are a few troubleshooting questions to get us started:

• Are you seeing an error message when publishing your project to Word?
  • Have you tried exporting the translation to Word? This will help us understand if it's a publishing error or a communication error between Storyline and Word.
  • If you open new project, does it publish to Word?
  • Lastly, which version of Storyline 3 are you using? We are currently on update 9 (Build 3.9.21069.0).

Once we have more information, we'll share the fix!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.