Issue with templates

Dec 19, 2019

Hello

I have a problem. I create my template with the classics (logo, etc.) but when i want to insert a simulation from a video I recorded with Storyline's tool, the template does not display on the slides.

It seems that the video is considered to be something that goes above the template no matter what and I can't modify that. So it covers the template even though the video have huge blank unused area exactly on where my template is important (basically a bunch of links for a hub).

I have hundreds of slides with this problem and I can't just recreate my template on each one of them. And I will have to modify them in the futur and I can't afford to do something for hours that I could do in 2 min with the template tool.

Thank you in advance for your solutions 

1 Reply
Ren Gomez

Hi Martin,

Sorry to hear you're running into this issue! Assuming you are referring to the master slide when you say templates, it sounds like you would like to place your screen recording underneath the master slide elements, is that correct?

Two options come to mind:

1. Re-record your screen recording to exclude the blank space and fit it within your current master slide template.

OR

2. In your master slide, place any elements you would like on top of the screen recording into a master slide layer. Then, on the base layer of the master slide, add a trigger to Show layer when timeline starts. This will place the layer on top of your slide items. I've attached an example for you to take a look.

Hopefully this is what you are referring to. Let me know if you had something else in mind!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.