Issue with Umlauts while the start screen

Hello everyone,

I have an issue with the disyplay of umlauts (ä, ü, ö) within the title of an projects when I open it. In earlier SL 360 versions everything works fine, so I think the problem must have been caused by one of the last updates.

Attached you find an recent course (issue) and a former course (no issue) from july 2020.


Thanks for help!


 

 

2 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Stefan!

I'm sorry you're running into this! We've actually logged this as a bug, and it seems only to happen when there is a video on the first slide of a project. If you're looking for a workaround, I'd recommend trying to add a blank slide at the beginning of your course that has a timeline of 1 second. Then add a trigger to jump to the next slide when the time starts on this slide.

I've added your comments to our bug report, so we'll return to this discussion when we have an update to share.

Lauren Connelly

I'm happy to return to this discussion with an update!

Today, we released Storyline 360 Update 48! Here are the features and fixes released in this update. You might notice the bug you reported has been fixed!

Fixed: Accented letters and special characters displayed as HTML-encoded strings on the start/resume screen in the modern player.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app! Thank you for taking the time to report this bug to us.