Issues with latest 2020 update

Jan 06, 2020

I had the new update pushed to me and since updating it has crashed twice when saving (all work lost) and the timeline preview does not work. This tool is critical for approximating screen actions to voice over. It is also slower, and dragging items to change their shape is hyper sensitive - the item moves rather than scales -  even though the curser is in the center linebox and has turned into the white arrow. I need to enlarge my view in order to scale things. Anyone else having this issue?

2 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Glenn!

Let's get this figured out! First, which version of Storyline are you on? Here's how to check.

Secondly, are you saving and opening from your local drive?

You should always save and publish all of your Articulate Storyline files and projects to your local hard drive, which is typically your C: drive. Working on a network drive or an external (USB) drive can cause erratic behavior due to latency, which is the amount of time it takes for the information to traverse the systems. As a result, your files might become corrupted, you could be unable to save changes, or your application might “freeze” altogether.

If you need to copy your project over to a network drive or a USB drive for backup or versioning purposes, only do it once you’ve saved the file and exited the Storyline application. Do not reopen the project file until it’s finished copying.

Lastly, may I take a look at the file? I'll test it on my end and reply with my findings! You can share your file by using the "Add Attachment" button in this discussion. 

Glenn Hopper

Thanks Lauren!

I work between my laptop and over our network (a combination of each) and I think that latency issue was the problem. I had to reboot everything yesterday morning for other reasons, and in doing so, it noted again that there were Articulate updates available. So on the fresh reboot I did the update and all seems well now!

I little frustrating to lose about 30 minutes of work... but hey, a silver lining: In re doing the work I found a better/faster way to do it!

All good now. Thanks again for the help and quick response. You rock!

Glenn

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.