Issues with slide conversion when importing PPT to Storyline360

Nov 02, 2019

Hi there, new user here. I am trying to import PPT slides I made into Storyline360, and when I do, a good amount of the formatting gets totally messed up.

I made sure the slides in Storyline were set to the same dimensions as my PPT slides (16:9), and have reviewed the article "Storyline 360: Tips for Importing Microsoft PowerPoint and Articulate Presenter Content"

I'm using Arial font, basic shapes and animations, and as I mentioned the slide settings are identical (16:9, 720x405) - so I can't really figure out what is happening. I've included an example of what a slide looks like in PPT vs Storyline for reference.

I don't want to have to go through and reformat and reanimate all of these slides, so any thoughts are much appreciated! Thanks

3 Replies
Samantha Falk

Thanks Jeff - when I check the font sizes in SL, they read as the same size as they were in PPT. But it does seem like they aren't translating properly and are bigger than they should be, so I can try reducing all the sizes. It will still require me to reformat a lot of the slides but it's better than nothing!

Jeff Forrer

Sounds good, yes fonts many times port differently from application to application.  For example if I set a 12 pt font in Photoshop, and then do the same in Storyline, the size may not be the same, so I have to adjust across the board.  Selecting all and changing at once should help, but yes you probably need to change the text bounding boxes so things wrap correctly or are placed correctly in the areas you want ;0/  good luck!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.