Issues with Storyline 2 in Chrome

Jun 27, 2019

Hi, I'm having issues with my storyline 2 files being viewed in Chrome. Specifically, my states are not functioning appropriately. This happens in HealthStream, Moodle, and AWS.  However, I am not having these issues when using IE.

Is anyone else having the same issues?

Thank you for your help! 

4 Replies
Ria Jaravata

Hi Michelle!

Have you tried clearing your Chrome's cookies and cache?

The first time you visit a site, the Chrome and also other browser saves pieces of the site like files, so that your browser can display the files stored in its cache much faster than it can pull fresh files from a server. There may be updates to the files that comprise your site in order to push a change or code changes to some features made by the developers. If the old cached version of the files are still running, the most recent changes won't load. This is when, you may encounter browser errors like run time error.

Kindly try clearing the Cache and Cookies in your Chrome. This might help fix your issue.

Let me know if that can solve your issue. Thank you!

Michelle Scortzaru

My visited states are not changing once visited. However, it only seems to happen when I have multiple states on a slide. This does not happen in IE and I've cleared my cookies and cache. It happens for multiple users on multiple different computers. Additionally, I'm on the most updated version of Storyline 2.

Katie Riggio

Hello, Michelle!

This is why I love this community – great insight from all! I'd love to join in and help:

• What version of Chrome are you and your learners using to view the course?
  • If you're able to share the .story file with me for testing, that would be gold! You can send it privately by using this link. I'll let you know what I find in a similar environment, and will delete it after troubleshooting.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.