Issues with Uploading Files- Articulate 360

Apr 04, 2018

Hello,

I recently switched over from Articulate Storyline 2 to Articulate 360. I have never had issues with having zip files uploaded, but now I am getting an "Illegal occurrence of "i" message, as well as "Not a valid IMS/SCORM Content Package file." I have tried fixing the settings in the project multiple times, but nothing has resolved the issue yet. Please assist. Thank you.

17 Replies
Annie Le

Are there certain Learning Management Systems that are not compatible with Articulate 360? My co-worker and I uploaded different projects and the only ones that are getting an error message were created in 360. The ones that upload successfully were created in Storyline 2. It is an error message about an invalid IMS/SCORM Content Package File. Please assist.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Annie, 

Articulate Storyline is SCORM conformant, supporting SCORM 1.2 through SCORM 2004 4th Edition as well as Tin Can API, often referred to as the next generation of SCORM.

As long as you're using an LMS that supports one of those set ups, and exporting your Storyline course for LMS it should be uploading fine. Keep in mind, you'll want to upload the entire contents of the published output folder that's created using the same file and folder structure for proper playback. 

Amanda Michaluk

Hi Annie,

Not sure if you have resolved this issue yet.  We also had encountered this error when uploading a Storyline 360 course into our LMS Training Partner.

We resolved it by opening the imsmanifest.xml file, in the published course folder, in Notepad and then clicking Save As and changing the encoding to ANSI and clicking OK.  This seemed to resolve the issue.

Ashley, I'm curious if this could cause other issues in the course if we change the encoding.  We are now having some problems with the scoring of quizzes and the status being recorded correctly in our LMS.

Thanks

Amanda

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Kia and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Thaks for reaching out to share the issue that you're running into. 

A great way to identify if the issue lies within your project or your LMS is to upload the published output to SCORM Cloud to see if you experience a similar error. 

If so, or if you need help with testing in SCORM Cloud, we would certainly want to take a look at your .story file.

Daniel McHugh

Ditto on the solution for this. GeoTalent Import reported the same error saving without Unicode corrected the file. Problem isn't actually in the content of the file but a BOM in the file.

see:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/intl/using-byte-order-marks

Did Articulate all of a sudden start adding this to the imsmanifest.xml files or is this a possible result of an Operating System upgrade?

We have heard back from our provider of our LMS:

"This issue was resolved in GeoTalent Build 3004 released last year. "

Annie reported this about a year ago so I imagine it was in timing back then.

Annie should have patched their LMS to at least version 3004. Not sure if she was using Geotalent or the Training Partner version of the product. I imagine if she has the Training Partner Version (No Longer Supported) save as ansi is going to have to do, unless Articulate adds a publish switch that leaves the BOM out of the imsmanifest file (to be read, pretty please with sugar on top "Cute Smile").

Funny that we just recently found this to be a issue with our outdated release of GeoTalent. Perhaps it's a system update that was recently released on workstations.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.