IWB and articulate storyline 360

Feb 14, 2019

Hi, so the company i work for always use to use storyline 2.
They never had a problem with their interactive White boards (IWB) dragging, dropping etc,
And since i came I brought along with me my experience and product Storyline 360.
But since then NOTHING is working as it should, The board doesnt drag, it scrolls up and down, Publishing as a CD_ the exe file type. it does not work.
using the HTML5 playout also does not work.

Like i said when they used Storyline 2 they had NO problem, here comes Storyline 360 and nothing is working.
______
Just a note, I looked online for a solution, they talked about Flicks need to be disabled, I have presented it to them, they have disabled what they needed to. and STILL it does this.

as i work remotly from another location, please let me know if this is my problem, something im missing, or it is something that is solved on their side.

IF so, how would i go about fixing this MASSIVE problem of Storyline 360

(Sample video attached)

4 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Sheldon.  The biggest difference with Storyline 360 output is that you have the option to publish as HTML5-first.  Storyline 2 always defaulted to the Flash output, unless Flash Player was disabled in the browser.  I'm curious if the Storyline 360 Flash output works as expected on the whiteboards.  Have you tested Flash-first or Flash-only output?  Knowing if Flash works will help me to identify if the issue is with HTML5.

CD output in Storyline 360 is always HTML5.  Will you be hosting the content locally and publishing for CD?  Or do you plan to load your output into the LMS?  

Sheldon Venter

Hi @Crystal Horn

Thank you for getting back to me, i have had feedback from my company that they are still not getting it to work.

So what we did 1st is publish to CD, and as you know it makes the .exe file (along with a HTML file)- and this is the file that we need a .exe file not a .html file.
we want the player to open idependent of a Browser.

They have managed to make it work with the html file alone.(through firefox only) however we are handing our lessons out to a mostly offline group.

And they Do need the player to open as before without the need of a browser opening.

I dont see any option in CD publishing to alternate it to FLASH only.
im going to assume the player publises it in HTML.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Sheldon,

As Crystal mentioned, the publish to CD of Storyline 360 will always be an HTML5 output, but you should still be able to launch it using the file in the output labeled Launch_story.exe. What happens when your client tries to launch that file? 

It should launch in its own player, not the standard player in the browser. You'll want to instruct them to download the zipped folder you shared and extract all the files to their desktop. From there opening the Launch_story.exe file should open it up! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.