July 21, 2020 (Build 3.42.22691.0) Mess up all my current course titles and bullet texts

Jul 22, 2020

Anyone else notice this?  All of my master title text size was changed.  I had to go to the new Text Styles to fix them all.  I noticed if you have different master slides.  You have to fix individually since you can't apply the new style to a different master.  Not knowing any better, I saved and decide to uninstall this version and reinstall the July 7th update. When I open update save course, I received an error.  "This project won't open because it uses features that aren't available in this version of Storyline.  The features in use are:  Text Styles - Install the latest Storyline update to open this project."  Really!!! Come on Articulate!!! Why can you just make it and let the user to change the Text style instead of forcing it.  

\ /
. .
O

18 Replies
Mischka Zeldenrust

I'm having similar issues after installing the latest update for Storyline 360. The size of fonts in slide/feedback masters are off. They are all updated to a tiny font size. It seems to be only affecting the text in placeholders.

Whenever I try to update the size, it reverts back to the tiny font size. And sometimes if I deselect and select the placeholder, it becomes even smaller. Something weird is going on! Unfortunately, I don't have time for troubleshooting.

I'm also going to reinstall an older version. Thanks for the heads up about a possible error. I guess I have to re-do everything I did after installing the update...

Mischka Zeldenrust

Thank you for your response Mike! I installed the July 7th update and tried to open the project I saved on the newest Storyline 360 version. I didn't get any errors. Maybe it's because I only updated some font sizes but not the newly added text styles.

For now, I will keep on working on an older Storyline version until Articulate resolves the issues with font sizes. I will definitely keep an eye on it, as I welcome this new text style feature with open arms.

Nicolette Young

Hi, I have a file that I've edited in the newest version that has Text Styles and now that I've reverted back to the older version of Storyline because I've having multiple issues with the new version (similar issues to ones here - https://community.articulate.com/discussions/articulate-storyline/new-in-storyline-360-text-styles), I can't open the file.

Is there a quick way of removing all the Text Styles in the file so that I can access it in the previous version of Storyline?

Ted Nguyen

I also notice if you insert a slide from another storyline course into your current scene.  SL crashes.  Probably because the course I import doesn't have the new Text Styles...  Now all quiz slide that has feedback texts are affected too.   All of my modern feedback buttons are forced left justification.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Thanks for alerting us to this issue! Our team released a fix this AM noted as:

• Fixed: Font sizes changed unexpectedly in some projects with custom slide sizes.

Please download and install the latest Storyline 360 Build 3.42.22724.0. 

If you have any questions, please do let us know here or connect with our Support Team!

Ted Nguyen

Well, your update didn't fix the feedback button alignment issues. The modern player feedback on the attached video. In the edit states it shows center alignment correctly. But it would go back to left alignment no matter what I do. I tried to insert a new feedback master and the alignment is still off. A total lack of quality check. FAIL!!!

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Thanks, Bob for letting us know. Please do try out the latest build 3.42.22734.0 and keep our team posted if you're still having trouble. If so, it'll be best to share a copy of a problematic file with our Support Team so that we can test and validate against your setup! 

Callie, I haven't seen any similar reports yet, but don't hesitate to connect with our Support team too!  We never want you to spend hours troubleshooting a problem alone-that's why our team is here to help.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.