Jump to URL not working

Jul 11, 2014

Good morning,

I'm nearing completion on a workshop and on my last slide there is a link that should open in a new browser, but it isn't working. I click on it but nothing happens.

I've read other posts and have tried using the text as a link, made sure that the object was at the top of the stage, etc. Right now I have it set up as a hotspot.

Can anyone help me figure this out? I've tried multiple computers but get the same result. Thanks!

5 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laura and welcome to Heroes!

Can you tell us a bit more about where you're testing this? If you're testing it locally you may be running into security restrictions that would cause you to not be able to open the links. You'll want to test within the intended environment as described here and there are a few free options for web servers you could use within that article.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Laura,

If you're running it locally, you may encounter the security restrictions I mentioned regardless of where you're testing it. You'll want to load the course into the intended environment as detailed in the article I previously linked to and if you don't have a testing environment you may want to look into using one of the following options:

• Tempshare: This is a free service provided by Articulate for testing Storyline content. Note: Uploaded files will be deleted after 10 days.
  • Amazon S3: Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a graduated fee.
  • Dropbox: Place your published output in the Public folder in your Dropbox account to share it with others.
  • Google Drive: Change the story.html file to index.html, and set the sharing permissions to Public. Here's how.
  • SCORM Cloud: this would be the best environment to test your content if it'll be hosted in an LMS, as Scorm Cloud is an industry standard testing method for SCORM content.

Please let us know if you're able to test from one of those environments and still experience issues.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.