Latest Articulate 360 update

Mar 24, 2021

Hello all.  Anyone else experiencing difficulties with the latest 360 update?  Created a course in the previous version and it worked as expected and functioned correctly in the LMS sandbox.  Was prompted to do the update, performed it and reopened the course to make some tweaks.  When published to the LMS it failed to work correctly.  After much head scratching I had to rebuild the course entirely and it then functioned correctly.  Kind of weird.  

2 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hi David,

I appreciate you chiming in to share what you experienced with the latest update.

Do you still have the original project that was causing an issue in your LMS? With your permission, I'd like to take a look at your project file to investigate what's happening. You can share it publicly here, or send it to me privately by uploading it here. I'll delete it when I'm done troubleshooting.

David Smith

Hi Leslie,

Unfortunately I deleted the file.  I appreciate your quick response and if I run into the issue again I will contact you.

Once rebuilding the course there were no issues. Before this update I did have issues importing the slides from separate lessons into a new course.  Things on the slides were out of whack when compared to the original files the slides were imported from.. To remedy the situation I had to open of the original lessons and import the other lessons to build an inclusive course of all the lessons.  

Thanks again.