Latest update issues (21st Jan 2020 / Build 3.36.21213.0)

Jan 24, 2020

I updated Storyline to the latest update on 21st Jan,2020(Build 3.36.21213.0). Since the updating I have had issues with published version. Not being able to play, pause and replay the timeline in IE 11 browser. Seekbar also not working. It is working fine in Chrome and firefox. 

Please fix this ASAP.

33 Replies
Chris Pim

So, I have noticed major problems in one of my projects with one of the updates in 2020 (not sure which one yet) . I have reverted to December 2019 release and it all compiles and works correctly.

For example, I have a routine that opens a dialog contatining a text input box. I have a 'cancel' and 'add' button in which to push the typed contents into a variable when the user clicks 'add'. Once this happens the next time the dialog opens I have a delete button appear to clear the contents of the input text box. In the new software none of this works...the positioning of the hotspots or button triggers seems way out to the right if they are there at all..the delete button seems to not to work properly and if I do manage to press the delete it does not actually clear the contents...in fact it makes the text change from black to white...but actually the text is still there...it's an absolute mess...

I have also noticed a lag in certain texts showing...these text boxes contain variables so text is read in from outside but they should appear before the slide opens rather than updating on screen after the slide opens...also in one instance a text box reads text in from an external variable source...the text is set to shrink on overflow...I notice that I see the overflow first (so on 2 lines) and then it reverts to shrinked text (on one line)...none of this happened in previous incarnartions of the software.

I am very unhappy about all of this...I submitted a case to Support this morning...

Chris

Lauren Connelly

Thank you everyone for bringing this bug to our attention! 

Good news, we released Update 38 (Build 3.38.21779.0) for Storyline 360 today!

Included in Update 38 (Build 3.38.21779.0) is a fix for a recent bug where the seekbar and other player controls wouldn't work when the first slide uses custom features that does not include seekbar.

Make sure to update your Articulate 360 Desktop app to take advantage of the recent bug fixes and new features!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.