Layers and Triggers

Mar 03, 2017

I am working on a training item where I want to display large tables so I have added a hyperlink on the base layer and then added my tables as web objects on subsequent slide layers.  After the employee clicks a link to view a table, I want them to return to the base layer to finish reviewing the slide and/or view other table/links provided.  I tried adding a trigger to hide the table layer when user clicks the next button, thinking that would put them back at the base layer but not so.  It automatically advances to the next slide.

9 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rita!

It looks like you've got the right idea on layer Table 26-3a. I see you added a button with the trigger Hide layer This layer when user clicks Button 1. That should do the trick!

And if you're not crazy about the button overlapping the Web Object, you can decrease the height of the web object and move the button closer to the top of the layer, like this: 

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Rita!

One option is to disable the next button when the timeline starts, and enable the next button once both layers have been viewed. To set that up, you'll need to first create a True/False variable for each layer:

Next, add a trigger to each layer to adjust the variable to True when the timeline starts on the layer. You'll need these three triggers on all slide layers:

Finally, add these two triggers to the base layer

I made those changes to your file and attached it here. Take a look, and let me know if this will work for you!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.