Lightbox

Jun 24, 2013

Hi all,

I've created a lightbox in a project I'm working on.  What I want to have happen is when an image timeline ends, the lightbox to open.  Then, when closed, it picks up where the timeline of the first slide initially left off.  However, nothing I do works. 

I've tried various triggers such as:

• lightbox x, when user clicks y
  • lightbox x, when timeline ends y
  • lightbox x, when timeline starts y

etc.

I've never had an inssue where the tlightbox doesn't function.  Any thoughts?  Please see the attached .story file.  I appreciate any and all help !

Nate

5 Replies
Christine Hendrickson

Hi Nate!

Thanks for the file :)

I'm afraid I may not be understanding the problem. I previewed the project and it seems to be working for me.

When previewing, the lightbox opens after the timeline reaches a certain point. Once I close the lightbox, the timeline continues to play (at least it looks that way from the seekbar - the blue placeholder image is the only thing on the slide at this point). 

Is this working for you in preview? How are you previewing the project? Try to make sure you're previewing the entire project, if this doesn't work for you.

If this works when previewing, does it stop working for you after publishing? If so, how/what are you publishing for - HTML5, etc.?

Thanks!

Christine Hendrickson

Hi Nate,

Possibly - I previewed the entire project for the file you posted. It's the lightbox on slide 1.8 Federal, correct? Can you try previewing the entire project for the file you shared with the community? Maybe that'd be quicker than the previewing the entire original file :) 

If it does work, I'm thinking it may be because the lightbox is separate from the scene - but without seeing the entire original project, I'm not sure if that's the case.

Thanks!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.