Lingering red boxes

Hello all,

I have been asked to upgrade an Articulate 1 project to Articulate 2 and publish it in HTML 5. I've completed the upgrade and have worked out all the kinks that followed, except one.

When completing  the exercises on slides 1.1, 1.5, and 1.2 things function correctly. However, when returning to the exercises after completing them, these red boxes appear. This occurs only in Internet Explorer. Unfortunately, my client needs comparability in all browsers.

I understand a little bit about the problem. The red lines are the result of someone creating an artificial hover state in Storyline 1 by using triggers and states. The slide itself must be set to "resume saved state" for the activity to function correctly. If I change it to "automatically decide" the boxes disappear, but the exercise breaks.

I need this fixed ASAP, but I'm feeling pretty lost. I'm worried that it's a browser compatibility issue and there is nothing I can do but redesign the whole project.

Project attached.

1 Reply