List of pre-programmed hot keys for 508 compliance?

Feb 28, 2018

Hello awesome people.... Is there a list somewhere of all of the pre-programmed, default navigation hot keys currently included in Storyline 360 version 3.10 for 508 compliance for published courses (NOT hot keys in Storyline for course developers)? For example, space bar to toggle captions on/off, etc.? This would be helpful so we know what we need to program ourselves and what is already available... Thanks in advance!

@steveflowers ... a little birdie told me you're especially awesome and might have special insights. :)

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Lisa!  We don't have a formal list of those keyboard functions, but here's what you need to know:

• Tab and Shift+Tab can be used to move from one object to another.
  • Enter and Spacebar can be used to select objects like buttons, checkboxes, links, etc. (similar to clicking).

Here's more info on how Storyline 360 stacks up in the accessibility department.  Happy building!

Lisa Spirko

Thank you for your response, Crystal. I was specifically looking for information about what keys might come pre-programmed in Storyline vs. what I have to program triggers for myself. I've noticed that TAB, SHIFT-TAB, and ENTER seem to be pre-programmed in Storyline; it seems I don't have to program triggers for those keys to move backwards, forwards, and select items, respectively. However, the space bar does seem to require separate programming (e.g. to toggle captions on/off). It seems that there are no other keys that come pre-programmed in Storyline. I think my assumptions have answered my own question here, but if I've misunderstood something, please let me know. Thanks again!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.