List of resources not 508 compliant?

Nov 27, 2012

I've just had a short experimental course reviewed by someone who uses assistive software, and although his feedback was mostly favourable, he did comment that the link that said "Resources" didn't display anything that his speech program could see (there wree in fact a few links to outside websites listed in it).

Is there something I need to do to make the list of resources accessible, or is this part of the output that simply isn't compatible?

4 Replies
Peter Anderson

Thanks for posting, Julie!

I just put together a quick test to confirm what you mentioned, and the yellow accessibility box does appear to get to the resources tab, but does not tab down to each individual link. That sounds like the same behavior you experienced, yeah?

As I'm not a 508 expert, I can't tell you whether this is something that should be looked at to ensure compliance, but if you'd like, we'd be happy to have you mention it to our support team so they escalate it accordingly and see if there's anything that can be done about it. Thanks again for bringing this to our attention

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi C Cloud,

As I remember, once you're in the Resource tab or Menu, the user than needs to use the arrow keys and the spacebar/enter key to select them. There is another great thread here about tips and best practices for 508 compliance.  

Also, I know a lot of users use JAWS as a screen reader, and if so you'll want to be testing this in Internet Explorer - as I don't believe they support Chrome or Firefox, or if they do it doesn't work as well. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.