LMS

May 17, 2013

Hi Articulate Community,

Since I have started doing instructional design work I have learned a lot about making courses and I am learning more every day. Up until recently when I finished creating a course I would just hand it off to one of the coding wizards that I work with and they would take care of the execution. 

I have a little bit of experience with coding, but my background lies elsewhere. Would an LMS be an appropriate method of execution for an individual like me? Are there any free LMS's out there or do you think there is another method of execution (delivery to users) that would better suit me? Please pardon my ignorance on the subject and thank you so much for your time.

1 Reply
Christine Hendrickson

Hi there Casey,

Well, it really depends on what you want to do with your courses. Do you need to record scoring and track your courses? If so, then yes, an LMS would be the way to go. 

If, however, you don't need to track or record scores, you could distribute your courses to CD. You could burn them and send them out/hand them out to your users if that's the case, or you can package and send the courses to your users via email, etc.

There are quite a few free LMS services out there and there's quite a few threads on the topic too. You could always try Articulate Online, as well, just to see if that type of service would meet your needs. There is a free trial, as well, so you'll have time to test it out. 

Here's a good thread to check out:

Which LMS do you use and why?

Good luck, Casey! :)

Christine

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.