LMS Help

Aug 14, 2018

I recently built a course in Articulate Storyline and uploaded it to the LMS - HealthStream. I am having trouble getting the LMS to recognize that the Storyline File is “completed.” I place an Exit button with the trigger to Complete the course when the user clicks the button, but it didn’t work. I also tried the same trigger on another button, but that didn’t work either. The LMS states that the SCORM file is still “In Progress.”

I had something bizarre happen yesterday when trying to resolve this issue. If a user clicks on the Slide Titles in the sidebar on the left and avoids the Previous, Next, and interactions on the slides, once they get to the last slide and close the window, the LMS shows they have completed the Storyline File. However, if they click the next button and go through the interaction on the slide on the right-hand, side when they get to the conclusion slide, the system doesn’t register they completed the activity.

We have also changed the settings in the LMS to add a passing score. Those changes didn’t work either.

I researched solutions a majority of the day yesterday with no luck. What can I do to get this Storyline file to tell the LMS do register “Completed”?

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Kathleen.  Thanks for those details.  It sounds like your course doesn't include a quiz, so you're tracking using the course completion trigger on the Exit button. 

• Is the Exit button on the last slide? 
  • Also, when you publish your course for LMS, is the complete course trigger the tracking option you chose?

You mentioned the odd inconsistency with using the Player menu to navigate the slides.

• When you get to the last slide, are you using the Exit button (with the completion trigger) to close the course?  It sounds like the course registered complete using that method.

I'm also curious if this is happening no matter what browser you use to view the course.  I would also like to test the course in SCORM Cloud to see how it reports in that LMS environment.  If you can share your .story file, I can do some testing and see what I get on my end!  If you need to keep it private, use this upload link.  

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.