LMS Reporting

Jan 22, 2013

Hello,

I was wondering if you could explain the LMS reporting status in more detail. I have read all of the articles, but it's not clear on what happens in the LMS when you select each of the statuses. I published a course in the LMS using the default setting of passed/incomplete and the LMS is reporting all of the users that failed as 'In Progress'. My organization is having a hard time differentiating between who actually failed the course and who did not properly close the course. For reporting they want to know all the users that have completed, passed, and failed the course. They would also like a total quiz score to appear in the LMS for users that fail and pass. 

Can you tell me which status I should select and any other LMS publishing tips that might help.

Thanks. Aimee

Here's the part of the article that I am referring to:

If the window includes a section called LMS Reporting, use the selector to choose the wording you'd like to use when expressing learners' status with regard to this course.

36 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Beth,

Yes - this all looks to be set up correctly. Did you test it already in your LMS and/or SCORM Cloud? I'm not sure that I know how you've navigated to that slide 8.1 which you're using as your question to submit the results to your LMS - but if you'd like to give me a bit more direction on that I can certainly try. Also if you're unable to upload to SCORM Cloud I uploaded a copy here so that you could test it out and let us know if you're able to have issues with the status. 

Beth Wonderlin

Thank you Ashley.  To get to the slide 8.1, the user has to view all modules, #1, #2, #3, and #4.  Also, all 3 check boxes need checked by the user that say they have read....  Then, it will allow them to click on the "SUBMIT RESULTS TO HR" button, which should then give them the 8.1.

I appreciate all your efforts!

Beth

Hi Beth,

Perhaps it became corrupted somehow when you added in the other slides as it doesn't work for me in preview either? I took a look at your first one, and that one was still working in Preview. I then tried to go through the entire thing - and the final button for "national pork board" handout still isn't working for me (although all the others did). Can you confirm that you're work on project files as described here?  I think you'll need to look at rebuilding some of the triggers on that slide as I see a lot of other "buttons" that are not in use - and I'd suggest using hotspots that the user is to click on vs. invisible buttons (no fill or line) as I have heard users having difficulty with them before. Or you could add some color to them and set it to be almost transparent. 

Theo Waigel

Hi Jeremy,

Are you running into an issue with that status in your  Learning Management System (LMS)?  Do they require you to use a particular tracking/completion option - as some LMSs will require you to use one of the four options listed? 

Many LMSs track both a completion status and a success status. To report both statuses, choose either Passed/Incomplete or Passed/Failed when publishing Storyline content. Completed/Incomplete and Completed/Failed report only the completion status.

Let us know if you're running into an issue and I can provide some help around that! 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.